Tuesday, May 20, 2008
1. She loves to dance. Whenever she hears music (it doesn't matter what kind) she says "dance" and starts to wiggle. She has little dances she does for everything, but her favorite is to copy the penguin from Happy Feet and stomp around in her church shoes because they make a lot of noise.
2. She loves babies. We heard a baby crying the other day at Target and she kept saying "why's baby crying mommy?" She gets very concerned whenever she sees a baby cry. She tries to pick them up. Sometimes we pretend we are crying so she will come take care of us and give us hugs.
3. Her favorite shows are Veggie Tales, Elmo's World, and Spongebob. She knows all the songs. When she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she always wants to stay in her crib and watch Elmo or Veggies.
4. She loves to do anything outside. We have been working really hard at Aaron's grandma's house so that his parents could sell it, and the last couple of weeks we have been doing yard work. She would help us by putting weeds and tools in her wagon and pulling it around the yard. She also loves to play at parks, and ride on the 4 wheeler and grandma's house. We always have to drag her inside kicking and screaming because she could stay outside forever!
5. She loves to go to nursery. We have to be carfeul not to say play or nursery during sacrament meeting or else she will throw a fit and try to run to the nursery. When we moved to Idaho Falls I thought she would have a hard time because I was in the nursery in our old ward, and so she would be alone, but when we took her there she ran for the toys and never even looked back! She loves to play with all the toys and the other kids. In our ward here there were about 13 kids! So I think she will like it a lot.
There are too many other things I could write about her, she has a great imagination, and a very LOUD personality!! We love her so much!
Cambria tags Brody, Aiden, Ayla, Callie, Daphne, and anyone else that wants to!
Monday, May 19, 2008
We are getting closer to finishing Cambria's room. We can't paint or anything, but it is looking more like a little girl's room. We haven't done much, but she has a lot of toys. She has a princess couch and a princess chair, and a kitchen set with a matching dining table.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
In this picture she was yelling "bike" as a person was riding past us on their bike. I'm pretty sure she scared them because she has a very loud voice.
I'm not sure why she does this, but when she is laughing at something she bends backwards to laugh.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
The Bomb Bakers
1 1/4 cups salt
6 medium russet potatoes washed
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In large mixing bowl dissolve 1 cup kosher salt in 8 cups of warm water. Add potatoes. Insure that all potatoes are submerged, and brine for 2 to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Remove the potatoes from brine and liberally coat with the remaining kosher salt, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Place the potatoes on a wire rack in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Do not puncture skin with tongs, fork, or tooth picks. Potatoes will be soft to the touch when done.
Let potatoes rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Friday, May 2, 2008
This is looking from our table, I couldn't get a good picture of our family room.
The kitchen, it is bigger than our last kitchen so I am excited!
I love bay windows!!