Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Busy

 We went to Bear Lake last week with Brenna and Justin. I love Bear Lake because it is perfect for kids to play in, it's so shallow. My girls just love to play in the sand.

 The first day was cloudy and got kinda cold so we went to our campsite.
 We didn't take many pictures while we were camping but this was breakfast the next morning. It was yummy.
 Jett liked to watch us play, but the poor boy is always in something pink.

 There was lots of people and birds for him to watch.
 The next day was really sunny and hot. It was perfect.

 Cambria got muddy at the cabin so she took a bath in the sink.
 This kid does not sleep well, he has never slept for longer than 4 hours at a time, and most nights he wakes up every hour or 2 hours, but at least he is a happy baby.
 They love to feed him, hold him, dress him, and give him baths. The are very helpful but they also make him mad because of all the hugs and too much attention. He cries almost every time Ashlynn gets near. I have to remind them that sometimes he likes to be left alone.

 We gave him some rice cereal the other day, he hated it.
 I love our garden, it looks even better than last year. We have already eaten some carrots a few days ago, they were small but good. This year we have yellow squash, zucchini, onion, red and orange peppers, raspberries, strawberries, red potatoes, 2 kinds of tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and pumpkins.
 I had no idea that strawberry plants grew little arms out that anchor themselves to the ground. It looks like an alien plant to me. We had a few strawberries a while ago but they died and I haven't seen anymore yet.
 Yellow Squash. We have a few growing already.
 Pumpkin. We planted white and orange pumpkins, but I'm not sure which one this is.
 Tomatoes. I can't wait until they are ready to eat. We planted a bunch of tomatoes because I want to make  marinara sauce and try to can it. I still have salsa I made with Peggy a few years ago in our basement.

2 comments:

liz said...

Wish I was up there to eat some of your vegetables. Sounds yummy just reading about them.
Also, wish I had been at Bear Lake with you - looked like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

I love cambria getting a bath in the sink. Hilarious. Isn't she just a little bit too old to bathe in the kitchen? ha ha!!!

Looks like so much fun. I miss living there with you guys. Last summer was tons of fun and I miss your veggies from the garden.

p.s. i agree about the strawberries looking like alien plants, a little creepy...