Monday, August 18, 2008

TRY THIS!!!

I know I put a lot of recipes on my blog and my family has confessed that they never try them, but this one is good! Aaron really wanted to try to make the enchilada burrito things that we had at Mark's mom's house. This pork tastes like the Cafe Rio Barbacoa. (Stacey I remember you didn't really like how sweet the pork was at Cafe Rio, but just add less brown sugar, trust me this is really easy to make and it is so good!)

2 1/2 pounds pork
1/3 cup water
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar

Put pork in the crock pot and cover with all the ingredients.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until the pork is done and can shred easily.
Drain and shred pork.

We put the pork with some rice and black beans on flour tortillas and rolled them up like enchiladas, and poured green enchilada sauce on them, and put cheese on top and cooked them in the oven for about 15 or 20 min just until they are hot all the way through and the sauce is bubbling.

SOMEONE PLEASE TRY THIS AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Aaron, I know i'm bummed too. I wish we had more time in ID. We didn't plan in enough time to see friends and we should have! coming to CA soon? you should plan a trip out here, you're always welcome. And just send me an e-mail with your address and I can send one of the Foundation boards (which one do you want?). Thanks, Aaron. Miss you man.

Stacey said...

kelsey call me, your number is on the cell phone and Justin has it.