Monday, December 8, 2008

The Croup, Birthday and snow!

Since I have been sick for 2 months now, Aaron has been Mr. Mom. He has done the cooking, cleaning, and takingc care of Cambria. He has done a great job. I am starting to feel better, but now Cambria is sick! On Saturday she started to get a really bad cough, and her throat was so congested that by the time we went to bed she was having a really hard time breathing, and about every 10 to 15 minutes she would start coughing so bad that it would scare her and she couldn't breath well and was starting to panic, and so were we!! It was 1 in the morning and so the only place open was the ER, so Aaron took her, and they cleared out her throat and lungs with a breathing treatment that came out of a tube and she had to breath it in. They said it was a good thing he took her in because she was really bad, and it would have just kept getting worse through the night. It turns out that she has Croup, and while they were there 2 more kids came in with the same thing. I wasn't sure what it was but apparently it is pretty serious when little kids get it. A few times yesterday she would hold in a cough because she hates to cough, and her eyes would get all red and we would panic because it was like she couldn't get enough air. Last night was a little better, she had some really bad coughs, but then slept ok the rest of the night. Aaron has been sleeping on the floor in her room, we put her in our bed but she started crying for her bed. She is losing her voice, but she is still running around and playing and stuff.

They told us to keep a humidifier in her room, and when she has a coughing attack to bundle her up and take her outside. The cold air helps so she can breath better.
They gave this to her at the ER , she likes her "bracelet."
It was also Brenna's birthday this weekend, so her and Corey came over for Pork Barbacoa (Cafe Rio's recipe) enchiladas, and cake. Aaron did all the cooking. They also helped us put up our Christmas tree but I don't have anything on the top of the tree yet so I will post a picture later.
Cambria loved the cake, and having Brenna and Corey over. She was upset when they left. I don't know why the picture turned, it was normal when I uploaded it, but you get the idea. Aaron made it and Corey wrote on it. It was SO good!!
We woke up this morning to snow! Cambria was so excited, but when Aaron put his coat on and left to go to class, she cried and put on her coat, and got out her gloves and boots, and stayed by the window crying. She was saying "Daddy come back for me", and "I need my daddy!" It sounded more pitiful because she is losing her voice. It was so sad. She even made me call him so she could ask him to come back and get her. So when he got home they went outside to play for a few minutes, the cold is good for her throat (which sounds weird because you would think cold would make it worse.)

She has been very attached to him lately, and she cries for him whenever he goes anywhere. She just loves her daddy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..I could have at least brushed my hair. Oh well. That food was delicious!! Thank you guys! And I miss Cambria too, but I will see you all in two weeks yay!- Brenna

Stacey said...

Cambria wants her Daddy now since he's been more attentive to her than you have lately. She's a Daddy's girl! That cake looks really yummy Aaron! i wish i was close enough to come over and visit whenever I wanted to.

Ashley said...

I'm sorry Cambria has croup. We had to take Alia to the ER last summer and she got it again last month. Not fun! I hope she starts to feel better soon.

The Morgans said...

It is scary, she had bad coughs today and couldn't breath, and so I drug her outside again, and it helped, but it scared me so bad when I could see that she couldn't breath in, and her face was getting all red.

Stacey said...

she'll get better soon. just sleep on the floor of her room. That's what i always do when my boys are sick.

The Morgans said...

I forgot to add that Aaron also made homemade chicken noodle soup for us!

Unknown said...

and no one mentioned the writing on the cake? hello, that was me.

The Morgans said...

Hello Corey, right above the cake I said Aaron made it and Corey wrote on it.