Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cambria's Birthday

Yesterday was Cambria's 3rd birthday! Everyone went boating on Friday, and then we had a party for her on Friday night. We grilled hot dogs and burgers and she got her barbie jeep that she has been talking about for weeks! She also got a swing set from Aaron's parents but we have not had time to set it up yet. On Saturday we got up early and went to the parade, she thought that was really fun. There was so much to look at and she would dance when the floats with music came by. Then we went to the cabin for a few hours and rode the razor around and watched movies. At 9:30 we went to see the fireworks show, we got a pretty good spot but after about 15 min Cambria started saying she needed to go home because she was tired. It was a fun and busy weekend.

She said she wanted a pink castle cake, so I made her one. I think it came out really good.

Cambria and Fiona on the tube with Candace.


Ashlynn's first trip to the cabin.



There were a few floats that had birthday cakes on them and they said Happy Birthday USA, and they were singing Happy Birthday, and so Cambria thought they were singing to her! It must be fun to have your birthday on the 4th of July, you always get a parade, fireworks and a big party!


My mom got this dress for Cambria, she looked so cute. She is such a girl, she loves wearing dresses.
Ashlynn's first parade!! Of course she slept through it all... but notice she had a cute 4th of July dress on too!

8 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I think the cake looks great! And... I wish I had a parade for my birthday! :)

Stacey said...

I wish we still could have been there, looks like she had a great time! I'm gonna get her something for her birthday (once we get paid again), so I'll sent it as soon as I can:) Miss you guys already.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

What fun! You guys sure do have alot of fun up there in Idaho. Happy Birthday to Cambria, can't believe she's already 3. You did a great job on the cake you clever thing.

The Morgans said...

It was kinda hard to make the cake because it was so crumbly, and there were spots where I had to put tons of frosting to even it out, but it turned out looking really good. Cambria was very excited when she saw it.

Lynda said...

Cute pictures of a darling family. We remember Cambria as a baby at the family reunion. Ashlynn reminds me of my Julie with all that dark hair - will she keep it?By the way, Scott's wife Elizabeth's birthday is also on the 4th.

Amanda M. said...

Happy Birthday Cambria! Love the barbie jeep, do they make one my size???

Mindi said...

that cake is so cute! Looks like she had a fun bday...Happy Late Birthday Cambria!!

Aunt Marilyn said...

Cute cake Kelsie!! July birthdays are the best...looks like Cambria had a great one. Kiss that little firecracker for me and Ashlynn too, I love her name!!