Monday, August 17, 2009

This Saturday we went to Yellowstone National Park. It was my first time going there. We saw a bunch of cool things, and Old Faithful. We were a little disappointed because we didn't see any buffalo, but we saw deer and a bald eagle. When we were maybe 5 miles from Old Faithful the road got shut down because Obama and his family was there, and we had to wait about 30 minutes in our car, and then we saw 6 helicopters leave. It was kinda cool to know that the President was that close on one of the helicopters, but also kinda annoying that we had to sit and wait. There were a bunch of cop cars and state troopers and news vans there. It was a fun little day trip but we need to go again and see more of the park. If you look really close on that weird limo car thing it says Obama's secret service. It was hilarious, there were a bunch of people taking pictures of it.

On Sunday we went to the cabin. We love going there because it isn't far from where we live, so we go sometimes just to cook dinner and watch a movie. I haven't blogged about it yet, but we bought a jeep. It is kinda old and stuff, but it is a good second car, and that means that I have my own car! But it is also a chore to go shopping with 2 kids. I don't know how my mom ever did it! Or you Stacey... Anyways, it is kinda funny because the discount we get for adding a second car is more than it cost to insure it so our insurance actually went down.

We went for a walk around our neighborhood today and Cambria just had to bring her princess umbrella. She loves it so much she even tucks it in bed next to her at night. Silly kid. I think the pictures might be out of order but you get the idea. Anyways, we had a fun weekend, I love living in Idaho, there is always something to do!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

How cool that you got to go to Yellowstone Park! I would like to go there someday.

Carly Nichols said...

That is so awesome that you guys went! I would enjoy the cool temp. bc it's so stinkin hot here!!! :)

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Boo Obama....It's been years since I've been to see Old Faithful, I'd like to go sometime. Idaho is pretty.