Monday, July 5, 2010

Friday and Saturday

I will have to do 2 posts for this weekend because we have a ton of pictures. Friday night we spent the night in Driggs, Idaho so we could watch a hot air balloon launch really early in the morning. Saturday morning we woke up here.
People were setting up the hot air balloons, at 6 in the morning, right next to where we parked the motorhome. It was really cool.There was a man attached to all these helium balloons, and he was the first one to take off. He looked kinda scared. I hope he wasn't too cold up there!While he was in the air we could see him releasing balloons so that he would go back down. As we were leaving we saw him in a field down the road, so we know he made it ok!

It was really cool because we were standing in the middle and there were balloons all around us. I think we should go next year!
This lady was walking through the balloon and I thought it looked fun.

This one went right over me!

Then we got in the car at 7:30 and drove back to Idaho Falls so we could meet Brenna and Corey for the parade. We were lucky that they went early and saved us a good spot.
Ashlynn wore this headband during the whole parade, it was cute. She had fun watching everything, but she didn't sleep well the night before so she was REALLY tired.
Cambria was leaning over and using her binoculars so she could tell us when the parade was coming.
Matching arm tattoos.
Silly kid.
Look how cute we are! Aaron doesn't usually like to wear a flag shirt, and I got him to wear one this year, and he even wore a headband. What a good sport.
Corey got to take a picture with her favorite girl scout cookies!
After the parade we went home so I could clean, wrap presents and get things ready for Cambria's birthday the next day. While I was hard at work Aaron Cambria and Ashlynn took a 4 hour nap!! It was so nice, our house has NEVER been that quiet! Then we went to Blackfoot for the fireworks show there.
Molly liked the fireworks show, until it started.

Molly was hiding under the blanket because she didn't like the fireworks.
It was a good day!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Cute pictures! I like the tattoos! The hot air balloons look very cool!!! Especially the guy... glad he made it safe! Jordan and his wife Carly rode in a hot air balloon once... I would really like to do that someday!

Stacey said...

you guys always have so much fun! i didn't take my kids anywhere fun this year because I would have had to do it by myself since Justin isn't here. justin and I were thinking we are going to schedule our vacation next year in Idaho so we can watch the fireworks across from the Temple! Wouldn't that be so fun!!!!!

The Morgans said...

Yes Stacey! And we could go to the cabin and go 4 wheeling in the mountains! We could go to Jackson Hole, or Island Park or West Yellowstone. That would be fun!

Stacey said...

yes!!!! I hope, I hope, I hope!

(the more you look at the word "hope" the dumber the word looks. It seems like it's just made-up)