Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Last Sunday we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. I made Chicken Parmigiana. I had been looking for an easy chicken parmigiana recipe that only had a few ingredients for along time. It is really easy to make.

The amount of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese depends on how much chicken you are cooking, when I make it just for us, I do 3 large chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (the kind you put on spaghetti). Mix them in a shallow dish, I add some italian seasoning also. In another shallow dish beat up one egg. Dip the thawed chicken in the egg and then the breadcrumbs mixture. Heat oil in a frying pan, medium heat, make sure it is not too hot or the chicken will just burn and not cook, the oil should reach almost halfway up the chicken. Cook on each side for 5 minutes, the chicken might still be pink inside but take it out of the pan when it is golden brown, carefully pour the grease into something, and wipe the grease out of the pan, pour spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the pan and place the chicken in the spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook until you are sure the chicken is done (about 5-10 more min) and top with mozzarella or provolone cheese. I serve it over some light pasta, my favorite is just an olive oil garlic pasta that you get at walmart.

Sarah, Stacey, Brenna, Corey, Mom...someone please try it!!! It is so easy and there are only a few ingredients. We make it when we are craving Olive Garden.

These pictures are from Sunday afternoon. We spent most of the day sitting outside because the weather was so nice.




Cambria is starting to like to dress up. I kinda helped her with this outfit but she wore it for a while and even looked for more stuff to put on. This is our porch, she thinks it is so much fun. The weather has been nice so we sit out there and watch people, but I have to be careful because she also likes to drop things.A few days ago Aaron found this picture, I had forgotten all about it. I don't remember what movie we were going to see but they had a pirates display and Captain Jack Sparrow was there!!! We had to donate a dollar for something and then got to take a picture with him! I was so excited. This was a few weeks after Cambria was born and we were still in Las Vegas.

No comments: