Saturday, January 31, 2009

Diaper Cake

There was a baby shower today for my friend Tamisha, who lives by us in the same apartments and also goes to our ward. I got the idea from Stacey when she made a diaper cake, and so that is what I wanted to make because you can use everything on it and it looks so cute! It was fun to make, and no one there had seen one before and so it was a perfect gift. I think it came out pretty good, I just had some trouble hiding rubber bands. Cambria had fun "helping" me make it and Brenna helped me roll the diapers. Cambria kept telling us it was time to eat the diaper cake!

9 comments:

Laura said...

It turned out super cute!! I love it.

The Morgans said...

Thanks! It really didn't cost much either because newborn diapers are pretty cheap and most of the baby stuff you can get at a dollar store or the dollar spot at target. And it looks like I'm really crafty, but I'm not!

Stacey said...

it really looks good. i bet your friend really loved it. it was so much fun to make when I did Sarah's. I need someone in my ward to be pregnant so I can make one for them.

Jaclyn said...

Very Cute!

Shawn said...

Cute diaper cake!!! lol.. So when do you find out what you're having?
I find out this Monday. I'm pretty excited! I imagine your kinda hoping for a boy. How's your pregnancy going?

Ashley said...

You did a great job! I've always wanted to make one but it looks hard!

Amanda M. said...

What a cute idea! I have never seen one of those, I love it!

shellie said...

that is really cute and really clever. is there cake in the middle or is it just diapers? either way it's awesome!

The Morgans said...

It is just diapers. I used a tall bottle of baby lotion in the middle and just built the layers of diapers around it. I got the idea from stacey, im not sure where she got it from, but I just looked up diaper cakes on the internet and there was a page that had step by step instructions. Mine isn't as fancy as most of them are. I think Stacey's was cuter.