Thursday, February 19, 2009

4 years!

We had to scan these pictures onto our computer so they aren't the greatest...



We got married 4 years ago today! We had spent Valentines Day that year driving the 17 hours to El Paso with Brenna so we could get married. I had to go get my hair fixed when I got there because I had tried to do my own highlights and I messed it up and so I had blonde hair in my wedding announcements and then brown hair a few weeks later at my wedding. On our wedding day we had to get up early and get married civily in the bishop's office with our parents there, it was a little awkward standing there in our church clothes, saying "I do" and then kissing. Then a few hours later we crossed the border into Mexico to get sealed in the Cuidad Juarez Mexico Temple. It was a fun day that went by very fast. I just wish I had been more patient about taking pictures in front of the temple. We only have a few pictures and my hair was messed up in most of them. I have always hated posing for pictures, and so we only took a few and now I regret it because I don't like any of our pictures. Oh well. So today we didn't do anything special, I was feeling kinda sick all day, and there were no movies we wanted to go see, so we decided that we would do something on Saturday if I felt better, or we would wait for a movie to come out that we want to see. Being married to Aaron is so much fun, and he is so nice to me. He has been my personal waiter and maid for 6 months now since I have been pregnant. We really are best friends, and I can honestly say that besides the occasional argument, we have never had a real fight. I am glad that I was bold enough to look you up on the student directory and send you my phone number and tell you that I thought you were cute in an email after I had only talked to you 2 times. I love you Aaron!!

5 comments:

Kortnei said...

Congrats! Hope you guys are able to do something special to celebrate.

And... I think I should have worn high heals on your wedding day. Apparently I was too short to be seen in your picture on the temple steps. lol :)

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope that you get feeling good enough to do something fun!

Unknown said...

'member how i took your engagement photos?? 'member? 'member?

also, remember how your wedding dress got momentarily lost on it's way from the bridge to the temple, along with grandpa and everyone in his car?

Jaclyn said...

That was a fun day and I am really glad you found a good guy! And I know how you feel, I don't like posing for pictures so we just did a video instead. Now I wish I had more pictures from our wedding that I can hang up around the house.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding day, and it was alot of fun for us too. You two are truly meant for each other...each other's penguin or lobster or whatever that saying goes. love ya xoxo