Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Few Pictures

She is here! We are so excited. My labor and delivery was fantastic, it was only 6 hours long and she came out so fast I barely even had to push! It was a very relaxing day because my epidural worked this time, so I was very comfortable. She looks a lot like Cambria did when she was born. Cambria LOVES her baby sister. When she cries Cambria asks what is wrong, and she helped me change her diapers today and put on her pajamas. She also read some of her books to her, and when we change her diapers Ashlynn screams so Cambria sings to her and it helps calm her down. She likes to sit by me and just hug her baby sister, and she says "mommy, I love her. We can keep her." I am so glad that she is enjoying having a baby around instead of being jealous. Both Cambria and Ashlynn have been born with dark skin and very dark hair. They look just like Aaron did when he was a baby. At the hospital he got asked by some nurses if both parents were caucasian! The nurses always love to comb their hair, and this time they even put some really cute bows in Ashlynns hair. I will try to get some better pictures of her in the next few days, she is getting cuter now that the puffiness in her face is going down, and the bruising from coming out so fast is going away also. So far she sleeps a lot during the day and keeps me up at night, but she is adorable!!
Cambria had just taken a bath and she wanted Ashlynn to have a bath too. I will probably wait a few days. Her hair is the only thing that looks kinda dirty, it gets greasy from people playing with it!





5 comments:

JackandJaneyNichols said...

She really looks cute, and I'm glad it was such a pleasant birthing experience for you. Cambria will be a great big sister, its a very important job!

Unknown said...

"mommy i love her. we can keep her."

-adorable.

Alison said...

She is so precious. Congrats on the new member of the family!

Ashley said...

She is so cute! I think she looks a lot like Cambria. Have fun with your sisters and Mom! I wish I was in Utah playing with them!

Jaclyn said...

Glad everything went well! She is very cute! Love the pictures!