Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas!!

Aaron was in the shower one day and when he got out Cambria had laid out his clothes for him. I think this is hilarious because I used to do this with my sisters. It is weird though because I never taught this to her, she just did it on her own!
A few days ago it snowed and even though it wasn't very much Cambria waited patiently all day for him to be finished working and go outside to play with her.

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Blackfoot. Aaron's mom was trying to teach Cambria about why we celebrate Christmas, but Cambria said it was Santa's birthday so they ended up making a birthday cake for him instead of cookies. Everyone was really tired and fell asleep early on Christmas Eve, so it made it easy for Santa to go to bed early too :) I don't know how my parents did it, shopping for 4 people this Christmas was kinda hard, and they did it for 7!! My mom also had to buy 5 of everything for us when we were little.


Santa went a little crazy! Cambria was so excited to get that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy. She had asked Santa for it several times and was telling strangers at the store that she wanted it.

Stockings have always been one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning, but it wasn't a tradition in Aaron's family, so I wanted to be in charge of them and I did stocking for everyone. I don't know why I like it so much, I think there is something exciting about opening tiny presents.
When I was little our gifts from Santa were always unwrapped and I think Cambria liked it because it was the first thing she saw.

Ashlynn didn't know what to think about these glasses but they sure are cute!


Cambria is kinda in a Tinkerbell phase right now, so Amma and Appa gave this to her. It was wrapped in a diaper box so when she opened it she smiled and said yay, I got some diapers for my baby sister!
Grandma and Papa gave this doll to Cambria, she LOVES it. She has carried it everywhere with her, and has named her Emily. She wanted her to go to the movies with us and church. We talked her out of it though...
Grandma and Papa gave Ashlynn this little horse. It plays music and talks. She can't sit on it by herself yet but she gets really excited on it and tries to make it rock and kicks her legs.
Fiona got some Princess dress up clothes and she let Cambria play with them. They were so cute dressed up together having a tea party.
This is the tea set she got. It is the Beauty and the Beast characters so it has Mrs. Potts and Chip. I love it. The tray goes on the cart so she can push it around. She served us orange juice for breakfast.
The day after Christmas we went to the church to eat and play games. They set up the wii on the wall with the projector. It was fun to run around and eat a lot!
Ashlynn sat in her little chair and watched everybody. She is eating the gross looking rice cereal and it is her favorite thing to eat. She gets so excited when she sees us getting it out.

Jaymee gave this reindeer suit to Cambria for her first Christmas so it was fun to put it on Ashlynn this year.
This is still Ashlynn...
This was in 2006 when Cambria wore it. She just started laughing really hard and it was cute because she had never laughed so loud before. You can see how Ashlynn still looks almost exactly like Cambria when she was this age, but Aslynn looks a little more like me and Cambria looks more like Aaron. But looking at the 2 pictures together it looks like it could be the same baby!
I put this dress on Ashlynn earlier this month but didn't take a picture and it doesn't fit her now. Cambria was 6 months at Christmas and Ashlynn is closer to 7 months now so clothes don't fit her the same time they fit Cambria.
Well I am sad that Christmas has come and gone already, but it was so much fun. We had a crazy couple of nights because Ashlynn didn't like the pack and play, and so I slept on the couch holding her. The night when she did actually fall asleep in the pack and play she woke up around 2 and wanted a bottle, so I very sleepily went to the kitchen to warm one up for her, when I went to put it in her mouth the milk poured out all over her!!! I had forgotten to put on the lid. It got her face and most of her body wet. I felt so stupid because she would have gone right back to sleep with the bottle, but instead I had to take her out and get new blankets and pajamas for her. I wish someone else was awake to see the look she gave me, and to laugh about it with me. It was about a hundred times funnier when it happened than just telling people about it. Poor baby...
I have some videos from our new video camera that I will try to remember to post later, but we have to get a new charge cord for our laptop so we can use it! I feel like I could go on and on about what we did this week but I'm pretty sure it is just like what everyone else did. We ate a lot, watched movies, spent too much money, played games and had a GREAT time!!!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I think you guys had more presents then we did, and we have 6 people...haha, its so hard with kids, I feel like I just want to buy them everything...I had to stop myself from buying tons of stuff this year, even tho i bought some extra to save for birthdays....

Jaclyn said...

Looks like the girls got great gifts! How fun!