Friday, October 3, 2008

Sad Halloween


I Love Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays, but Cambria HATES it! When we go to the store and want to walk down the halloween aisle she gets really upset and tries to get out of the cart. It all started when we thought it would be kinda funny to put a sucker in one of those candy bowls with the monster hand that moves when you try to grab the candy, well she screamed, and she hated it even more because she tried to get the sucker a few times and it scared her everytime. So today we went to look for a costume and Aaron walked up to a lifelike skeleton thats eyes flash and he talks scary when you get close to it, and I have never seen Cambria so scared! She said MOMMY and started crying. So now we look like horrible parents and I am trying to run down the aisle so she will stop crying and there are a bunch of the monster hand bowls side by side on a shelf and as I run by they all say ha ha in a deep scary voice and move one at a time. So she cried even harder. She even gets scared and says too scary when she sees a pumpkin. I hope this doesn't ruin our pumpkin carving. I never really thought of Halloween decorations as scary, I think it is fun, but I will have to try really hard to make sure we don't accidently give her nightmares!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

brody did the exact same thing when he was Cambria's age. he begged to go down the Halloween isle at a Walgreens and then freaked out when that bowl with hands tried to grab him. But he survived and he's not scared of the bowl this year. maybe she will forget in a few weeks. or maybe not...

Lady Robason said...

I'm sad for you too. I absolutely love Halloween. I bet she'll be over it by Halloween when she's all dressed up and ready for candy! What is she going to be this year? By-the-way, I have a cute costume idea for you call me.