Saturday, October 3, 2009

A few new things

I was complaining because I don't really have any Halloween decorations... so Aaron brought her to me in this outfit and said she could be my decoration! The snaps by her diaper don't stay closed.
We got this bed spread and pillows at Ross all for only around $40. It looks better in person, it is a silvery blue color and dark brown. Now we just need a headboard.
We also got these curtain rods at Ross for $10 each, and then instead of buying curtains which are more expensive, we just went to a fabric store and got enough fabric to do both windows and it only cost $40. The tall lamps are from IKEA. I love that store.


We got this dresser at IKEA for $120! We just need to go back and get the matching nightstands someday.
Aaron painted our front door black. There are several people in the neighborhood who have done that and we thought it looked really nice. You can't tell but it is freezing outside! The high for this week was in the 50s! We are slowly trying to decorate our house, but it will take forever. That's ok though because we will probably live here forever!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I really LOVE your house!!! I need to come visit you so I can see it!!! Miss ya tons!

Unknown said...

she is so cute in that pumpkin outfit!!!

i really like the door black. looks like i'll have to come over for dinner some time so i can see it in person.

claude's burgers perhaps?

Jaclyn said...

You are doing a good job decorating so far! I miss having a Ross...

Lady Robason said...

It all looks so good! I always said I wanted a black door. Way to go! Tell Aaron that is next project to save up for would be black faux shudders to go with the door, I think that would be pretty.

Ashley said...

I love curtains you made. You did a great job!