Friday, October 9, 2009

Soft Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup shortening (I used margarine)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. vanilla
Mix everything together, I put all the wet ingredients in my mixer first and then mixed in the flour. I had to add a bunch of extra flour because it was really sticky and then you also mix flour in when you roll them out so it doesn't stick to the counter. Bake for about 10-12 minutes on 350, I took them out of the oven before they started to turn brown because I like them to stay chewy.

Frosting
1/4 cup margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbs milk
2 Tbs cocoa
I doubled the recipe so I would have enough for all of the cookies, this frosting is actually supposed to be put on brownies, so I added a little vanilla to half of the frosting so that I would have chocolate and vanilla. Yum.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Brody and Aiden will love you even more for this. We will be making these this weekend!